1. To work in another African country – I’m looking forward to expanding my horizons a little more so I’m hoping to find a job outside Malawi, but within Africa. I’d love to work away from home for a year or two then come back, because obviously there’s no place like home.
2. To get my Masters – this feels like one of those long-standing goals that’s a little overdue, but I’m not too worried about it because it’s going to happen eventually. Eager as I am to get it out of the way, I’m also patient enough to let things fall into place in their own time.
3. To read more – which is why I’m starting a book club. Yay! I’m excited to see how this works out cause I’m also hoping it turns into an opportunity to meet people with similar interests – and I could use more of those.
4. To do more with Utawaleza – I’ve gotten off to a great start with the book drive initiative and my hope for it now is to source funding to be able to do more and in the end, provide more books to more schools. So fingers crossed that this works out and becomes everything I am hoping it will.
5. To maintain good energy – this year has been such a great year so far of things flowing effortlessly and I am aiming to maintain my current energy, which is self-assured and positive. It’s never easy, with life getting in the way- and life will get in the way- but my hope is that I’ll keep finding my way back to the place I currently am mentally, even after things get a little confused.